Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mango-Ampalaya Shake (Raw)




I need to eat more alkaline food, give up coffee and soda, and to eat whenever I feel hunger pangs.

Today, I prepared Mango-Ampalaya Shake (Raw). Mangoes are in season and they come in different shapes and sizes. My favorite are the ones produced in Guimaras because they are plump and sweeter in taste. Ampalaya, on the other hand, is rich in iron which is what I need at this time. Since I cannot drink or eat it alone because of it's bitter taste, I decided to mix it with mangoes. 

Here is the recipe:

Preparation: Slice the bitter gourd thinly.  Soak in water with 1/2 tsp. of rock salt for 10 minutes to remove some of its bitter taste.


Ingredients:

handful of ripe mango
handful of 0Ampalaya 
handful of ice

Procedure:

Pull all ingredients in the blender. Mix. Serve.


Enjoy your greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment