Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blood Type Diet - Type O Chart


There is a specific diet plan for each blood type – Type O, A, B or AB. According to  Dr. Michael Lam, MD, MPH, author of Eat Right For Your Type, "a chemical reaction occurs between your blood and the foods you eat. This reaction is part of your genetic inheritance. This reaction is caused by a factor called Lectins. Lectins, abundant and diverse proteins found in foods, have agglutinating properties that affect your blood. So when you eat a food containing protein lectins that are incompatible with your blood type antigen, the lectins target an organ or bodily system and begin to agglutinate blood cells in that area."

Whatever your blood type is, there are certain foods that can or cannot be tolerated by your system. Knowing what kind of food(s) is/are good for your blood type may help you to avoid diseases or gain weight.  Your blood type diet is the restoration of your natural genetic rhythm. Your blood type diet works because you are able to follow a clear, logical, scientifically researched plan based on your cellular profile. (Dr. Lam)

Dr. Lam, came up with detailed food diet plan chart for each specific blood type.  This Chart spells out the characteristics of type O and the different food groups marked as Highly beneficial (food that acts like Medicine), Foods allowed (food that are no harm to the blood type) and Foods not allowed (food that acts like a Poison).
 
Here is the detailed Type O chart from Dr. Lam, MD, MPH:

Michael Lam, MD, MPH
www.DrLam.com



There is no fast rule in curing GERD. A lifestyle change is recommended (by Physicians) to manage said disease.

The first challenge for me is to be conscious of my food intake. After looking at the chart, it appears that I've been consuming too much of the food that are NOT allowed for my blood type, such as yogurt, vanilla, pistachios, wheat bread, pork, cabbage, and potatoes.  I've accumulated "irritants" over the past years and my body is now showing the (bad) effects of my wrong eating habits. So, now, it's NO more coffee, yogurt, dairy products, wheat bread and pork for me.

I refer to this chart when buying food, cooking meals and ordering food at restaurants. I've become conscious about my food intake since I was diagnosed with GERD. The second challenge now for me is to find local groceries or markets near my place that sell some of the food listed above, such as lam, venison, and veal.  These meat products are available at Rustan's supermarket, where I buy my groceries, however, they are not sold fresh but as cold-cuts. For now, beef is my only choice of red meat, which I plan to eat only once or twice a month.

Kelp, buckwheat, barley, pumpkin seeds and walnuts are available at Healthy Options.  Walnuts can also be bought at Chocolate Lovers.  Amaranth and baby spinach veggies can be bought at the weekend market at Centris Walk; these veggies are grown by our local organic farmers at Atok, Benguet at Php 50.00 per bag (medium sized).  I remember buying Rye bread before at Le Coeur, a French Restaurant at the SM mall. All other edibles listed on the table can be bought at the local market or grocery stores. I haven't been to organic weekend markets, though, but I'm sure the local farmers/vendors have hard-to-find organic products such as rye, essence bread, kale.
 
If you want to learn more about Michael Lam, MD, MPH and your blood type chart, visit his website by clicking here. If you want to share your ideas on where to find some of the FOOD - veggies, bread etc. listed on the table, or if you want to share your stories via my Guest Post Page, please contact me at simonestar888@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your visit.  

Love and Light!






No comments:

Post a Comment